Balbi's Arch

Photo gallery

Where the Balbi’s Arch stands today, there used to be the main gate to the fortified city of Porton della Pescheria. The old gate was pulled down in 1678/79 and the Balbi's Arch was built in its place. It was built during the time of Mayor Daniel Balbi. The inscription written on a stone board placed on the arch bears witness to that fact.