At the session held on May 11, 2023, the Government of the Republic of Croatia made a decision to declare the end of the epidemic of the disease COVID-19.
1. IS IT SAFE TO TRAVEL TO ROVINJ, ISTRIA, CROATIA?
Travel to Rovinj requires all visitors to comply with current health and safety guidelines. When staying in the Republic of Croatia, all passengers, regardless of their category and country from which they came, are obliged to follow the general and special instructions and recommendations of the Croatian Institute of Public Health.
Daily reports about active Covid-19 cases for Istria may be found here: https://www.istra.hr/en/business-information/itb/covid19/daily-reports-for-istria.
In Croatia is underway the vaccination of the population. So far, 50% of the adult population has been vaccinated.
2. POSSIBILITIES FOR COVID-19 TESTING IN ROVINJ AND PULA, ISTRIA
Citizens and guests staying in the Region of Istria can be tested for SARS-CoV-2 (by PCR-based test):
Rovinj - There is a possibility of testing in Rovinj for registered guests.Rapid antigen tests are dan at the following locations:
- Rovinj Pharmacy by the Dom zdravlja (health care Institute), adress Matteo Benussi 6. Working hours: Mondays - Fridays: 7-19:30, Saturdays: 8-15, Sundays and Holidays: 9-12. Price of the testing is 10,62 €. Contact: +38552813589, email@example.com.
- Policlinic Adriatic Dent Rovinj, at the adress: Istarska 18. Working hours: Mon/Wed/Thu/Fri: 09:00-16:00, Tue: 13:00-20:00, Sat: every second from 09:00-16:00; reservation required. Contact: adriaticdent.eu. Price: 15 €.
Dr. Melita Mamužić Barbača Dental Practice, at the adress: Vičani 8, Rovinjsko Selo. Working hours: Mon/Wed/Fri: 08:30-14:30, Tue/Thu: 14:00-20:00, Sat/Sun: on request. Price: 20 €. Contact: +385915389518, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pula - Public Health Institute of the Istrian Region in the street Nazorova 23, www.zzjziz.hr organize the testing. It is possible to perform PCR testing or a rapid antigestion test. The price of the PCR testing method is HRK 49,77 €. The price of a rapid antigen test is 13,27 €. Payment is possible by card (VISA, MAESTRO, MASTERCARD) or in cash in HRK. The results are available within 24 hours at the e-mail address. The result is translated in English. Prior notice is required by e-mail: email@example.com or +385(0)995298222. The announcement must be made in a timely manner due to the limited number of daily tests.
3. ENTRY INTO THE REPUBLIC OF CROATIA FOR FOREIGN CITIZENS DURING CORONAVIRUS
Entry into the Republic of Croatia is allowed for all passengers, subject to the conditions of entry that were valid before the COVID-19 epidemic.
4. SAFE STAY IN ROVINJ AND ISTRIA
The safety and health of our fellow citizens and guests are of utmost importance for us. Get acquainted with the Safe stay in Croatia project, part of the Safe travels project implemented by the WTTC (World Tourism Travel Council). All tourism stakeholders awarded with the Safe stay in Croatia label guarantee the application of security and health protocols in their business to prevent COVID-19 infections. Tourist Board of Rovinj – Rovigno is proud to be awarded with the Safe stay in Croatia label. Find more details here: www.safestayincroatia.hr
The project website offers:
- a search of all tourist stakeholders bearing the Safe stay in Croatia label
- information on health and safety protocols in 7 basic categories
- information on how to proceed in case of suspicion of Covid-19.
5. PROCEDURE IN CASE OF SUSPECTED COVID -19 DISEASE
If you experience symptoms of COVID-19 disease, please proceed as follows:
1. Stay inside the accommodation unit.
2. Notify the manager or authorised person of the accommodation unit by phone about the disease.
3. If it is not possible to contact the accommodation unit manager, call the epidemiologist - phone: +385(0)995294455.
The owner of the accommodation where you are staying, in case of suspicion of COVID 19 disease is obliged to:
1. Inform the epidemiologist - phone: +385(0)995294455.
2. Inform the guest to stay inside the accommodation unit until a medical examination has been carried out and until further instructions have been received.
3. Provide the guest with a protective mask and tissues.
4. While awaiting COVID-19 test results, inform the guest about the possibility of a contactless delivery of ready meals.
5. Inform the guest that while awaiting the COVID-19 test results, he/she should maintain the hygiene of the room.
6. Designate one person to communicate with the guest, without entering the accommodation unit. This person should be informed of the mandatory wearing of a protective mask and protective gloves and should maintain physical distance with the infected unit.
7. Following the use of protective equipment (masks, gloves), dispose of them in a waste bin with a lid in which two plastic waste bags are placed, and then wash and disinfect your hands thoroughly.
8. Inform any contacts the guest might have had of the presumed COVID-19 infection and instruct them to remain within the accommodation unit until the test findings are known.
9. Should the guest receive a positive COVID-19 test result, an epidemiologist (mob. +385(0)995294455) will decide on further treatment.
6. LIST OF EPIDEMIOLOGICAL MEASURES THAT TRAVELLERS ARRIVING FROM THE REPUBLIC OF CROATIA SHOULD OBSERVE WHEN CROSSING THE STATE BORDERS OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES
As of May 16, 2022, Austria is abolishing all epidemiological measures for entering the country.
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Citizens of the Republic of Croatia can enter Bosnia and Herzegovina with a valid passport or identity card and do not need to present a negative SARS-CoV-2 PCR test when entering Bosnia and Herzegovina directly from Croatia, as well as their minor children and spouses who are citizens of other countries.
The Council of Ministers of Bosnia and Herzegovina adopted the Decision on the termination of the Decision on prescribing additional conditions for the entry of foreigners into BiH, which entered into force on May 26, 2022.
As of March 11, 2022, entry into Montenegro is allowed without a COVID certificate. Read more at the link.
Citizens of EU member states can travel to the Czech Republic without epidemiological restrictions.
As of August 1, 2022, all restrictive measures for entering the French Republic have been lifted for all travelers traveling from the Republic of Croatia, who can now travel to the French Republic without restrictions or filling out additional forms.
The Government Decree of June 1, 2022 abolished the need to present a digital or paper covid certificate to enter Italy.
The Decree of the Government of Hungary of 7 March 2022 lifted all restrictions on entry into Hungary by road, rail, river or air, regardless of nationality and protection against COVID-19, subject to general conditions of entry, such as a valid travel document or ID cards.
From June 1, 2022, all travelers coming from the member states of the European Union, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Iceland, can enter FR Germany without any restrictions related to epidemiological conditions (no proof of vaccination, recovery or testing for COVID-19 is required).
As of Monday, March 28, 2022, all restrictions on travel to the Republic of Poland imposed during the coronavirus pandemic are lifted.
Pursuant to the Decision of the Slovenian Government, which entered into force on 19 February 2022, proof of compliance with PCT requirements (proof of vaccination, recovery or testing for COVID-19) is no longer required for entry into Slovenia at border crossings. For more information about travel to Slovenia visit link.
As of Tuesday, May 3, 2022, all measures of control and restrictions on entry into the Republic of Serbia, related to the infectious disease Covid-19, will cease to apply, both for foreigners and citizens of the Republic of Serbia.
From 18.03.2022. all entry restriction measures in place due to the coronavirus pandemic were lifted.